November 25 – Thanksgiving Eve Service
The Top Ten Reasons to attend our Thanksgiving Eve Service at Searchlight Ministries:
10. The Detroit Lions aren’t playing until Thanksgiving Day
(and maybe not even then?!?!).
9. It frees up your Thursday morning so you can watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV.
8. The deer are already bedded down by this time of night.
7. You can see for yourself that Wednesday nights at SLM are not just for “the kids.”
6. No need to fix a meal the night before Thanksgiving
(it is being provided at the church).
5. You can be involved in the music led by our GEMS Girls’ Club.
4. It is, after all, the season for giving thanks!
3. You will have an opportunity to share what you are most thankful for.
2. You can hear the stories from some of the Wednesday night kids and leaders about why they are thankful.
1. Simply come and: “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.” Psalm 136:1
A light meal will be served, beginning at 6pm (buns, meat, cheese, chips, etc).
Our Thanksgiving Eve Service of Worship and Praise will begin at 6:45
HOPE TO SEE YOU THEN!
Here at Searchlight Ministries we embrace the traditions of a Christian Reformed church while combining those traditions with a mix of modern and traditional music, a come as you are style accepting of jeans and t-shirts as well as dresses and dress pants. We strive for a true family environment both in the essence of a place for your individual family and the community of the church as a whole. We would love you to join our family to grow personally and communally in the faith.
Services meet Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM
4020 22nd Avenue
Hudsonville, MI 49426
We also strive to include all of our youth, from infants to teens, in programs that educate them based on their age and grade levels:
- Nursery is available for infants.
Little Lambs for 2 and 3 year olds, meets during church.
Children’s Worship for 4 year olds through Kindergarten, meets during church.
Sunday School for preschoolers through high school meets after church.
GEMS (grades 1-8) girls’ group meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00PM
Cadets (grades 1-8) boys’ group meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00PM
Kingdom Kids (preschool and Kindergarten) boys’ and girls’ group meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00PM
In addition to youth programs, there are also adult bible studies and craft times. Check out our calendar for meeting times or use the contact form for additional information.